Need an energy boost? Re-energize by fuelling your mitochondria - the batteries that charge up your cells.
All cells in the human body, except for red blood cells, contain a thousand or sometimes several thousand mitochondria, the energy-generating centres of each cell. We can compare mitochondria cells to the batteries of an electric vehicle (EV). The electricity is converted from alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC) required to power the EV. Mitochondria work like small battery packs throughout the body that convert glucose, fats, and other foods to energy (ATP), which energize the body.
Mitochondria have a smooth outer membrane and a wrinkled inner membrane called cristae, which were previously thought to simply increase surface area for energy production. However, researchers have recently shown that mitochondria are instead made up of many individual bioelectric units that generate energy independently of each other, similar to some EV batteries that pack thousands of battery cells. With many small battery cells to draw from, when one crista is damaged, the cellular system can keep working because the other “cristae batteries” still provide energy.
This new discovery may help lead to a new understanding of mitochondria’s roles in aging and health. Many medical conditions are associated with severe disturbances in the cristae structure.
- ACETYL-L-CARNITINE, an amino acid needed for energy production. It is mostly found in muscle cells to help move fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they are metabolized for energy.
- COQ10 is a critical component of the mitochondrial generation of ATP.
- ELEVATP® contains a blend of trace minerals and antioxidants. The minerals are thought to help increase blood ATP levels, and the antioxidants support mitochondrial function by protecting them from reactive oxygen species (ROS), also referred to as free radical damage.
- L-GLUTATHIONE quenches free radicals, supports the liver’s removal of toxins, and helps the body recycle the antioxidant vitamins C and E.
- SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE (SOD) is the main antioxidant enzyme in cells. It plays a critical role in reducing oxidative stress that can lead to tissue damage.
Regenerlife helps reduce the symptoms of stress, such as pain, fatigue, sleeplessness, irritability, low energy, and reduced quality of life. This formula is an excellent choice for adults with age- or health-related issues.
Car engines and human engines both need fuel. Regular or premium plus? Charge your mitochondria with superior fuel for optimum energy.